Some things you should know:

I'm Jennifer. aka Jen, JB, Bromley, Brom & Momma. I answer to most of them. Not always Jennifer-there were so many of us growing up around here I can get away with it. At least once a day, I can get away with not answering to Momma. Don't judge me, ya'll do it too. I'm an emotional mess-who cries at cotton commercials? Though it IS the fabric of our lives. I cry at school performances - it's not because M is the star...it's because she's MY star. I cry reading books & while watching the boob tube. Basically, at everything. My middle name should be "Emotional" and not Leigh - though Leigh does flow nicely. I'm madly in love x2 and probably the luckiest girl around. My plan here is to a) Vent. I mean, my friends can only take so much. b) Make myself a journal - like the one I promised myself I'd make after I figured out how to do this motherhood thing. I learned that since that's a work-in-progress, I'd better start before M went to college. and c) To make ya'll laugh. Well, mostly myself (to keep from crying). My life makes me giggle. With joy, with love and with complete embarassment more often than not. Feel free to LOL with AND at me.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tic-Tock

This isn't a blog about my biological clock a'tickin'.  Though it may be, those of you expecting me to report that there's a "bun in the oven" can relax.  I'm not gonna need to stop drinking.  Yet.  THE NATIVES CAN RESTOCK THEIR SHELVES!!!  I don't need the ABC stores to put an APB out on me.  They're still bitter about that last time, circa 2000.

This IS, as I understand it, the year of the rabbit.  Kudos to the bunny, I say.  (Especially since my guest spot on GBG #386's blog http://barrfamramblings.blogspot.com/ and our bunny tale - not tail, teeheee.) 

According to the http://www.theholidayspot.com/, last year needed to be O.V.E.R.  Over at least for me. 

Compliments o' cut and paste from the above site:  A placid year, very much welcomed and needed after the ferocious year of the Tiger. We should go off to some quiet spot to lick our wounds and get some rest after all the battles of the previous year.

Good taste and refinement will shine on everything and people will acknowledge that persuasion is better than force. A congenial time in which diplomacy, international relations and politics will be given a front seat again. We will act with discretion and make reasonable concessions without too much difficulty.

A time to watch out that we do not become too indulgent. The influence of the Rabbit tends to spoil those who like too much comfort and thus impair their effectiveness and sense of duty.


Skip to the end, because a lot of that beginning chitter-chatter with big words confused me.  What I read in that last paragraph meant to me, that this tiger made me indulge too often and IT was the reason I piled on a few extra lbs in 2010.  Stupid tiger.  Thank goodness they don't eat their young.  Um, do they?

Anywaaaaaaaay, I'm re-naming this year, 2011, the year of the clock.  Or watch, per say.  I decided this for a few reasons.  One, after purchasing this little timepiece downtown a few weeks ago for the girl.


This is the Pop Watch in Fusion.  Isn't it pretty?

I'll answer you.  Yes, it is.  It even fits nicely around delicate wrists. 

That being said, it was hard to set, dangit.  After picking it up and putting it down a few tens of times over the past two weeks, tonight I set off to the wonderful world of the web for assistance.  Shit and shineola, under the ThePopWatch website, the first FAQ is how to set the SOB!  Giddyup!  And thank you to my straight-post earring.

Also in recent months, we've added a few Slapwatches to our collection:



Also, I have been sporting a fabulous Tag watch compliments of my NJ cousin Casey (I have to specify the residing state, since I also have a VA cousin named Casey).  Her generous fiance gave her a gorgeous new one leading her to handing her first one down to me to keep in the family.  Yay for fiances and cousins!  (I'll also add here that my my VA cousin a few years ago practically gave me (payment plans to me, mean practically giving) the four-wheeled green hornet outside so I could continue to get to work and move the girl to-and-fro.  Yay for cousins, all around, I say!)  I only hope that neither Caseys ask that I pay it forward anytime soon.  I still need to know what time it is AND still need to get around.  ;)

So the Year of the Clock/Watch it is!  Here, anyway.

Tick. 

And.  Tock.

JB

1 comment:

  1. Totally forgot to mention the new Swatch acquired in NYC! Yes, they're still around, have their own stores and have quite the selection! Come back, you 1980's, come back!

    ReplyDelete