Some things you should know:

I'm Jennifer. aka Jen, JB, Bromley, Brom & Momma. I answer to most of them. Not always Jennifer-there were so many of us growing up around here I can get away with it. At least once a day, I can get away with not answering to Momma. Don't judge me, ya'll do it too. I'm an emotional mess-who cries at cotton commercials? Though it IS the fabric of our lives. I cry at school performances - it's not because M is the star...it's because she's MY star. I cry reading books & while watching the boob tube. Basically, at everything. My middle name should be "Emotional" and not Leigh - though Leigh does flow nicely. I'm madly in love x2 and probably the luckiest girl around. My plan here is to a) Vent. I mean, my friends can only take so much. b) Make myself a journal - like the one I promised myself I'd make after I figured out how to do this motherhood thing. I learned that since that's a work-in-progress, I'd better start before M went to college. and c) To make ya'll laugh. Well, mostly myself (to keep from crying). My life makes me giggle. With joy, with love and with complete embarassment more often than not. Feel free to LOL with AND at me.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

never. enough. time.

I'm a very busy person, comrades. 

This is a recent discovery of mine.  It took a little reflecting during the Seasonal Depression of 2010-2011 (I HATE WINTER) and then again over recent days, but I figured it out!  I discovered why I'm such a whiner (not to be confused with wino)!  I whine about having to leave my abode even if it's just to take the recycling out.  Simply put, I love being at home and I feel like I'm never there!  My favorite part of each day is when I'm curled up in my corner of the couch with everything I need around me - but not so much touching me.  I'll have to reflect on why that is at a later date.  The ceiling could be crumbling down from tweens upstairs making up dances while Skyping their BFF's across town and if I'm on in my corner on my couch, let it crumble, I say.  Let it crumble.  If I'm home, the comfy clothes are on and I have nowhere to go, I'm in my element. 

I have lots going on in my life!  (I know, I know - who doesn't.  But this is my blog, see.)  What with work, working out once in a while, carting the girl around to and fro and watching everything we DVR'd for the day there's barely enough time for relaxation and slumber.  I realize that some of you might think that sitting on a sofa watching tv should be relaxing but at our house, you'd be mistaken.  When you're gripping the edge of the sofa cushions sweating while waiting to see if Alex and his rig are going to bust through the ice going across a river on Ice Road Truckers or if there's going to be yet another twist in the investigation for Beckett and Castle you can use the term relaxing, but only if it's opposite day.

This brings me to one of the reasons for my post.  My dear friend Elaine phoned me the other day (and left a message because who knows where my cellular device was at the time) to share with me her new found adoration for one of my favoritest shows, Castle.  When I got her voicemail, I instantly had elaborate plan as to how our conversation would go down:

         EWM:  Hiiiiiiiiiiii, Jen.
         JenB:    It's not Jen, it's Beckett.  Castle, we have a hot one.
              (Elaine, playing along with her battiest of friends)
         EWM:  Why, Beckett - if you're referring to a murder case wouldn't you say, depending on the time  
                      of death of course, that we have a COLD one? HA!
         JenB:    Good one, Castle - now just get down here.

Ya'll catch my drift.  Anyway, my cousin Casey called that same day as well.  Think we've chatted yet since then?  Nope.  Another call I missed?  One from my one-of-these-days-when-we-stop-talking-about-it-and-just-do-it-sister-in-law.  Called her back?  Negative.  I have yet to find make time to return calls to these people who mean so much to me.  Now, I know each call would result in a plethora of giggles, one or both of us yelling at one of our children to give us JUST FIVE FREAKING MINUTES TO TALK IN PRIVATE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T NEEEEEEEEEED TO MAKE THAT BAG OF POPCORN UNTIL I PICKED UP THIS PHONE, and overall, just a good 'ole fashion catch up session, but I just haven't made the time. 

I am pinky-promising to all my BFF's, gals and guys, to start making time for those return calls.  I'd pinky-promise to answer when you call, but let's not rush things.  I can barely keep track of the girl, the Blackberry doesn't stand a chance. 


***Disclaimer:  Alison and Nen, the above-referenced pinky-promise unfortunately does not pertain to the two of you.  Our conversations run far too long for me to commit and I'd be a big fat (hey, I'm working on those last few lbs) liar if I added you to that pledge.  Please continue to text and/or email me and we'll carry forward with our face-to-face catching ups when there is a birthday party, wedding, birth or one of us has a nervous breakdown.  Ok, fine.  When I have one of my nervous breakdowns.  This has worked for us for over a decade.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.  (Thank you, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince.)

JB

2 comments:

  1. you're hilarious, and i love reading your posts (you write very well!) i need to become a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Crystal! I have fun doing them - and there's clearly enough shenanigans going on in my life to write about and chuckle!

    Hope you're wonderful - give Christy my love!

    ReplyDelete