Some things you should know:

I'm Jennifer. aka Jen, JB, Bromley, Brom & Momma. I answer to most of them. Not always Jennifer-there were so many of us growing up around here I can get away with it. At least once a day, I can get away with not answering to Momma. Don't judge me, ya'll do it too. I'm an emotional mess-who cries at cotton commercials? Though it IS the fabric of our lives. I cry at school performances - it's not because M is the star...it's because she's MY star. I cry reading books & while watching the boob tube. Basically, at everything. My middle name should be "Emotional" and not Leigh - though Leigh does flow nicely. I'm madly in love x2 and probably the luckiest girl around. My plan here is to a) Vent. I mean, my friends can only take so much. b) Make myself a journal - like the one I promised myself I'd make after I figured out how to do this motherhood thing. I learned that since that's a work-in-progress, I'd better start before M went to college. and c) To make ya'll laugh. Well, mostly myself (to keep from crying). My life makes me giggle. With joy, with love and with complete embarassment more often than not. Feel free to LOL with AND at me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Where does time go?

Today, my girl gave me THE ABSOLUTE BEST LOOK AND SMILE EVER when heading into school for her next to last day of elementary school.  I usually have to roll the window down and make embarassing noises to get her to turn around and even acknowledge me - today, I just watched and she turned around on her own before walking in and gave me a wave and the biggest, yet softest, genuine grin she ever has.  And I melted.  And that picture will never ever leave my memory.  (Unless I get Alzheimers, but if that happens, the 'ole memory is out of my control.)

I'd written notes to remember my camera for today's school activities, made a mental note before going to bed last night not to forget to grab it on our way out this morning.  But after that instant that Maddie and I shared, I let the reminder slip my mind and I knew that no picture, digital or on paper, would do the moment justice.  And it's all ours and I'll cherish it forever.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment