Some things you should know:

I'm Jennifer. aka Jen, JB, Bromley, Brom & Momma. I answer to most of them. Not always Jennifer-there were so many of us growing up around here I can get away with it. At least once a day, I can get away with not answering to Momma. Don't judge me, ya'll do it too. I'm an emotional mess-who cries at cotton commercials? Though it IS the fabric of our lives. I cry at school performances - it's not because M is the star...it's because she's MY star. I cry reading books & while watching the boob tube. Basically, at everything. My middle name should be "Emotional" and not Leigh - though Leigh does flow nicely. I'm madly in love x2 and probably the luckiest girl around. My plan here is to a) Vent. I mean, my friends can only take so much. b) Make myself a journal - like the one I promised myself I'd make after I figured out how to do this motherhood thing. I learned that since that's a work-in-progress, I'd better start before M went to college. and c) To make ya'll laugh. Well, mostly myself (to keep from crying). My life makes me giggle. With joy, with love and with complete embarassment more often than not. Feel free to LOL with AND at me.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I know ya'll have been waiting for....

So in light of those who have yet to have their vacations, and those that may be heading south, I warn you in venturing south of this blog.  It will just piss you off.  And that's not my intent.  I've just gotten my busy ass around to finally uploading pics from our sunshiney-burn my toes hot sandy-relaxy-backtoschoolandbirthday shopy-quickfightwithmymotherfighty-sexxxxxy  vaca.  So....


Drum roll, please.....







There it is, people.  The replacement for the pic down yonder.  Pretty sure the original was taken at least 6, maybe 7 years ago.  This one wasn't planned, either.  Believe it or not.  I was just smart enough to have a camera nearby. 

See, Maddie and B have this relaxation technique that only some can master.  Personally, I don't like water in m'ears.  I also don't like the life-size dragonflies that hover over the pool.  I tell Maddie that they are just there to get a 'sip of water', but really I know that they are there to BITE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!  For some reason, she (obviously) believes me.  I may also have been bitter about her telling me that I wasn't as good at playing 'bounce the beach ball and don't let it hit the water' as m'lover and let her believe they weren't around.  Regardless, this pic is priceless.  As was m'lover's summer hits CD playing in the background.  On repeat.  He does find the hits, I'll not take that away from him.  I just have an issue with the repeat part.  Maddie was probably on round 86 of the '11 Nags Head Soundtrack.  (They are for sale - just hit me up and I'll burn copies.)  They can listen to the same great songs all the livelong day.  Hence my love for my Sirius.  Push, push, push....I'm desined to find something they haven't played today.  Or this year.

For those of you heading south for the holiday weekend, be safe.  I hope you have as much fun as we did - which is near impossible, but take on that challenge.  I wish your family much fun, sun, family time (including all things Skype for those who can't make it), nighttime mani/pedi's (GG's included), games o'rummy, searches for nearby Starbucks (thanks, baby - a'la me and Cacky), Sonic ice buying, TJMaxx ransacking which includes fashion shows, and all-over aloe coatings by your main squeeze. 


PS - F Irene.  Reroute your vaca and enjoy what Mother Nature handed ya.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment